How Cloud ERP helps media and publishing companies tackle their current business challenges and scale up for the future.
As digital marketing continues to mature, media and publishing companies need robust technology tools that help them run their businesses.
Replacing legacy systems, disparate solutions and manual processes with a single, unified cloud enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform helps companies streamline their operations, accelerate order insertion, increase their subscription bases and gain complete visibility over their processes—from the initial press insertion right through to the final invoicing stage (and all steps in between).
With NetSuite Cloud ERP, media and publishing companies get order management, commissions, ecommerce and reporting under a single technology umbrella, versus having to use myriad different, disconnected systems to manage these functions. NetSuite effectively manages the end-to-end business process on a single, unified system that was built in the cloud.
More specifically, order management helps companies manage sales and optimize workflow with customer relationship management (CRM) and invoice integration. This helps media and publishing organizations attain higher profitability with more accurate, integrated forecasts.
Managing the Complexities
NetSuite’s integrated ecommerce manages content subscription and sales, and then automatically integrates that data to the general ledger for unified and recurring billing. With commissions management, companies can administer sales commissions, create auditable structures for complex sales incentive management and forecast sales expenses.
Finally, NetSuite’s advanced reporting features help companies closely monitor content performance, as well as division profitability and performance. It also allows media and publishing companies to view subscriptions across properties and manage expenses; share billings forecasts; and determine how to invest in each media property to maximize revenue.
One Unified Application Suite
NetSuite for Media and Publishing Companies automates the management of subscribers and advertisers alike on one, unified application suite that seamlessly integrates sales with back-office financial, accounting and order management processes. Built on the experience and best practices of many different media firms, the suite helps companies:
- Execute sales campaigns within the system and easily measure results.
- Manage both aspects of sales: selling insertion orders to advertisers and subscriptions to readers.
- Track advertisements from insertion order through fulfillment and verification, then automatically generate invoices per customized billing schedules.
- Integrate with other solutions already in use, including DoubleClick, OpenAds and other verification servers.
Once in place, NetSuite offers these and other benefits to media and publishing organizations:
- Streamlined Operations: Flexible, easy-to-use cloud-based business system manages financials, sales, services and analytics.
- Accelerated Order Insertion: Expedite lead-to-cash processes and become business friendly.
- Grow Subscribers: Advanced renewal management with a single view of each customer lets you provide enhanced service.
- Track Advertising Performance: Full visibility from insertion order to invoicing.
It’s Time for a Change
Few (if any) industries have experienced as much change by the cloud economy as media, publishing and entertainment. The evolution will likely continue as consumers are inundated with rich content and an array of choices on how to consume and pay for it.
Focused on gaining visibility into their operations, making better decisions and speeding up time to value, smart media and publishing companies are adopting technology that helps them harness current trends and prepare for successful futures.